Friday, August 13, 2010

Psalm 45

How appropriate that I read this psalm on the day of a wedding rehearsal! Here is a wedding song, although not one I would read at a wedding today. I think there might be a father of the bride after me if I said "Forget your people and your father's house." I also rarely refer to the groom as the lord of the bride. Yet there is something that stirs within me when I read this psalm, and that's because I can't help but read it and think of the bride of Christ.

There is a wedding to look forward to. We often read Revelation and think about the end, but how often do we read Revelation and think about the beginning? After all, the wedding is not the end of the couple's relationship (although we often joke that way). It is the beginning of something new. I hear this psalm and think about the everlasting kingdom completed by the second coming of Jesus and the bride of Christ (the Church) uniting with her risen Savior. What a day that will be! May the hope of a new beginning encourage you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment