Thursday, January 14, 2010

Living worship

A wise professor once challenged me to compare how my experience of worship matched the rest of my life. After asking myself that question for a year now (and artfully dodging any real answer), I have decided to try an experiment. Can I live my life as a worship service that begins every day? Can I adapt my day into an approach to God, an encounter with God in the Word and then live my life in response? To be honest, I don't know. But I can give it a try. And I hope that you, the reader, will find some benefit as you post along with me your thoughts and as we grow "as iron sharpens iron." I look forward to living worship with you.

Blessings always,
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Andy,I think this is a great idea though I am somewhat tech challenged and it took some time to figure how to add a comment. Waiting for your next post. In the meantime, I read the Belhar Confession. I am not a big fan of denominational doctrines and viewed this with some skepticism. However, once I read it I could not be more supportive. While I am not a member of the Reformed Church, I totally endorse the Belhar Confession and applaud the Reformed Church for considering this public stand.

    ReplyDelete