Thursday, February 25, 2010

Proverbs 8

And here is Wisdom's song. And Wisdom's song is far more lovely, don't you think? It brings me back to an earlier post where Wisdom and I sit down at a table with a cup of coffee for a conversation. And I picture these words being there. Wisdom sits down after a hard week and says "Andy, it's been a while since we've chatted."

"I know, it's been a tough week and I just haven't had time for Wisdom."

"Andy, if you don't have time for Wisdom, what do you have time for? What I offer is more valuable than money, more meaningful than hobbies. Let's try to sit down again soon."

"Wisdom, I want to live justly and speak righteousness. How do I do that?"

"Spend more time learning from me. This is what I do. This is what I was made for. I've been doing this since the beginning of time. I was there. I remember when the world was nothing, just a swirling void. But then God and I got to work. God would set the boundary markers for the worlds, and then I would go to work designing them, filling them with my own artist's touch. But every once and a while, I would just look up at God and see the sparkle in God's eye. Creating is God's thing. God loves creating and making all things new. You know, Andy, creation isn't done. God's making all things new- and that includes your heart."

"How do I make my heart new?"

"You don't. God does. Just keep having coffee with me and following my lead. You'll get there. Now I gotta go, I have lots of meetings today."

For a moment after Wisdom is gone, I'm still staring into space, imagining what it would look like to see joy on God's face. I hardly even recognize she's gone until I let some coffee spill on my hand and the hot drink shakes me back into this world. A world, I pray, will follow the path that Wisdom lays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment