Friday, January 14, 2011

Psalm 108

God's greatness is something that is hard to comprehend. That's for sure. A God who is higher than the heavens, beyond the reaches of the universe, yet whose glory lands gently (and sometimes furiously) upon the earth, is certainly a God beyond our perspective. And even while I say this, I recognize that I have "awakened the dawn" with soft-spoken prayers to this God, who was sitting right in my office. God is great, and God is close. These two things give me comfort and hope today. While I may be cynical about many things, and it is hard for me to imagine a world that is healing- God is great and God is close. As the group Grey Holiday would remind me, "We live among the glorious." May I, and may you, live among the glorious today.

No comments:

Post a Comment