Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Psalm 110

The book of Hebrews makes it clear that this is a psalm talking about Jesus. Everything from the introduction to the priesthood of Melchizedek is a pointer to Jesus and to the reign of Jesus. While Jesus did not inaugurate His reign as a conquering king, the day is sure that Christ's reign will be complete.

That idea of forever and complete is so far beyond me that it is hard to even begin to describe it. All of my "kid" questions about eternity jump in- "Won't I get bored living forever?" "Will I just be sitting around singing the whole time?" "Will anything change in heaven?" I wonder if I am just as afraid of everything coming to and end as I am of everything going into eternity. It will be life completely unlike today, when I know when the day ends and when it begins. I won't worry about tomorrow, I won't dread another day. I won't worry about people across the world dealing with injustice and suffering. It will be a life so different. Yet, in many ways, life will seem so familiar. After all, God designed this life too. Maybe if I look, I'll see signs of eternity even right here. Maybe. I hope you see them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment