Friday, January 21, 2011

Psalm 111

So here it is, my last pre-African devotional. And it comes to us from Psalm 111.

Sometimes I feel defensive when talking about God. After all, many people ask questions regarding what God has (seemingly) not done. In a few days I will be in a spot in Kenya where people die from preventable diseases. I will be a few hundred miles away from places where genocides took place in recent history. It's easy to focus on those things, afraid that God somehow slipped up. I have been conditioned to think this way- to focus on my fears. Well, I don't want to anymore. I want my voice to be the Psalm 111 voice. I want to be a witness to what God is doing, and in being a witness, to also be someone who can stand in the dark spots without succumbing to its despair.

Join me in the next few weeks as a witness to God's good and eternal works.

No comments:

Post a Comment