Friday, September 10, 2010

Psalm 57

Sometimes it is hard to have a steadfast heart in the midst of our trials. It is hard to be strong when all you feel is weakness. David's psalm begins in trial, despair, and isolation. Yet it ends in praise. That kind of strength cannot come when we are the center of our world. When we are the center, we will never rise above our circumstances. We will not have the strength to have a steadfast heart when we are in trial, despair and isolation.

It is only when God's glory is the center when we can have that kind of strength. What may seem insurmountable to us, seems small in the eyes of God. And thus we can have hope. So I will borrow from one of my favorite songs, sung at our worship service this past week.

Jesus, be the centre
Be my source, be my light
Jesus

Jesus, be the centre
Be my hope, be my song
Jesus

(from Be the Centre by Vineyard music)

No comments:

Post a Comment