Friday, September 24, 2010

Psalm 65

God provides. I am happy that we came to this point in the psalms. It got a little difficult to hear psalm after psalm of frustration and angst. But here, we get a celebration of God's goodness and provision for the world and the people in it. We get a picture of God's loving care that extends to all people (verse 2). We get a sense of God's amazing grace (verse 3). And we get a mighty vision of God's activity.

Have you wondered in the past week at God's creative power? As I watch the winds blows outside my office window, I can't help but get a sense of God's might and care. After all, if the leaves never fell from the trees, and old branches were never pruned away, the cycle of nature and life would be stunted. Plus, I actually enjoy pulling the branches out of my yard. It, along with raking leaves, is one of those chores that just connects me right in to God's re-creative activity. It is that same creative energy that is at work in me and you. God the Creator is God the Redeemer. The One who makes the leaves come out, soak up sun, turn brilliant colors, fall and grow anew is the same One who takes the decay in our hearts and replaces it with new life. May you experience that new life today in God's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment