Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Psalm 26

First of all, happy 100th post with "A Moment with Andy." Thank you for joining me on this journey.

But on to the point- I have a hard time connecting with the emotion of Psalm 26. I can wrap it in theological language, talk about Jesus as the blameless one (which I have done before and certainly believe that in Jesus we are graced with blamelessness), or talk about rigorous self-improvement (a phrase that gives me shudders for many reasons). But at the end of the day, I cannot imagine myself speaking this psalm to God. I can't imagine talking about how awesome I am, nor would I challenge God to find a fault in me.

Yet there is one part of this psalm that I can say with full passion- "I love the house where you live, O Lord, the place where your glory dwells." That part I could say any day. In the Old Testament, so few people actually got to walk into the place where God's glory dwelt. And now, as we are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), God dwells with us and God's glory is growing here on earth. I look forward to the day when God's glory will heal all of the scars of creation and when we will finally be re-united fully with God (Revelation 22). Amen?

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!

    I had the same sort of reaction when I read "I have lead a blameless life" or "I walk continually in your truth", especially in light of psalm 25, where David is saying: "Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways". Interesting. I know I can't say that and like you say Andy, only in Christ are we blameless in God's eyes.

    Vs. 7 I really like: "proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds." Telling God's story over and over again. It never gets old.

    Thanks for being faithful through this blog and I'm looking forward to 100s more where we can offer our praise to Him forever more!!!

    ReplyDelete