Thursday, July 29, 2010

Psalm 36

I'm sorry that this didn't come out yesterday. An internet error caused the entire post to be deleted, and in my frustration I decided not to post yesterday. However, I am back today with either a fresh look at Psalm 36 or I will be accidentally rewriting my post from yesterday.

Come to the fountain. I read this psalm and that's the invitation I get. Come to the fountain (vs 9). Despite my objections, I come to the fountain.

But where is the fountain? Where do I go to be cleansed from my own self-deception? Where is the fountain that will let me see light in God's light? When I was baptized, I was introduced to the water from this fountain. Ten years later I said (to the best of my young ability) that I wanted the living water that came from the fountain. And today, do I still search for the fountain? Or could it be that I have been soaked in the fountain so long I have forgotten that I'm wet? Is it okay to splash and play in the fountain, or am I supposed to take my sip and go along my merry way? I wonder. Is it okay to swim in the fountain, or will that dirty the water for everyone else? Is it okay to enjoy God? Is God big enough to play with and be trusted with the entire universe? I wonder. And I hope so. Please wonder with me at the bigness of God as you go through today.

1 comment:

  1. Life sometimes seems so harsh but to vision playing in the fountain knowing God will wash every thing clean and He is in that fountain brings peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete