Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Psalm 33

This passage offers us comfort and a history lesson in the same moment. This psalm encourages us to worship because of the great deeds of God. Whenever we see God intersect with our story, it is a cause for worship. And so I reflect on my story and I wonder where I've seen God intersecting with my story. I look to see where I have seen God at work.

Heather is involved in a photography activity that I marvel at. She creates words using letters that are actually common, every day things. For example, a sink faucet could be an "r" and a power line could be an "E." This hobby forces her to see the world differently, finding letters when we only see common objects. I think this psalm invites us to a similar way of viewing the world. God's activity is already there, but sometimes it is so subtle that we need to have eyes to see it. God, grant me eyes to see your mighty acts in the world today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment